SEO Mystery Shopping
Copywriter: Aqsa Muzaffar, Freelance EditorWhen it comes to cuddling up with your favourite thing in the world, brands want it to be something that they sell. An American Express study revealed that 70% of shoppers spend 13% more with businesses that provide exceptional customer service. Every company wishes to have an increase in revenue but how does one know the value of the customer service provided by their business? Mystery shopping companies send unbiased individuals into stores to provide feedback on key areas of the customer shopping experience. These can include:
- Interaction of staff with shoppers
- Types of products shown
- Types of services offered
- Speed of service
- Store features such as security, cleanliness, store location or ease of access.
- Opening and closing of the sale and compliance with company standards.
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased sales/profits
- Employee satisfaction. Once an employee acknowledges their role in helping create a happy customer they can benefit from a morale boost. A new-found sense of confidence will make going the extra mile second nature.
- Any deficiencies in the customer experience can be resolved before they are seen by actual customers.
- Reduction in the cost of advertising.